Appalachian Regional Drug Enforcement Office
The Appalachian Regional Drug Enforcement Office is a Multi-agency Narcotics Unit that serves Habersham, Lumpkin, Towns, Union , White, Banks, Rabun, and Stephens County’s. The ARDEO is a division of the Georgia Bureau of Investigations and supervised by G.B.I. Assistant Special Agent in Charge (ASAC). Some of the duties required of ARDEO Agents include, but are not limited to:
- Investigative activities that constitute Violation of the Georgia Controlled Substance Act and apprehend violators through investigative techniques such as surveillance, overt and covert operations, and execution of search warrants.
- Gather and document criminal intelligence through the use of confidential informants, concerned citizens, and anonymous tips.
- Write affidavits for arrest, search and investigative warrants and execute said warrants in accordance with applicable laws.
- Prepare detailed investigative reports.
- Receive and maintain evidence in accordance with law.
- Photograph and complete arrest records on arrestee.
- Testify in court.
- Document, maintain, and prepare administrative records and reports relevant to the activities of the drug task force.
Office number: (706)348-7410